Software Rope Strength
Rope Strength software has been developed by INTRON PLUS for assessment of residual strength of wire ropes in service.
Following information is considered for assessment:
- Inspection data, obtained with INTROS;
- The weight of the vertical or inclined wire rope;
- Possible variation of steel mechanical properties;
- Steel fatigue during rope operation on sheaves;
- Construction of rope and its loading features;
- Combined effect of LMA and LF on rope strength;
- Effect of friction of wires on bearing capacity of broken wires.
Rope Strength provides following data:
- Rope bearing capacity degradation during its operation;
- Detection of defect clusters and prediction of dangerous sections of rope;
- Reasonable timing of subsequent inspection;
- Residual rope breaking strength and remaining service time.